viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012

Question tags and polite questions activities


 EXERCISES

Put in the correct question tags.

Example: Peter works in the shop, _________ ?

Answer: Peter works in the shop, doesn't he?

1) She is collecting stickers,...................................... ?
2) We often watch TV in the afternoon,................................. ?
3) You have cleaned your bike,.......................................... ?
4) John and Max don't like Maths, .........................................?
5) Peter played handball yesterday,............................. ?
6) They are going home from school,.............................. ?
7) Mary didn't do her homework last Monday,................................. ?
8) He could have bought a new car, ................................?
9) Kevin will come tonight,........................................... ?
10) I'm clever,........................................... ?


Exercise on Question Tags
Principio del formulario
Complete the sentences with the correct question tags.
  1. Mr McGuinness is from Ireland, ...................................?
  2. The car isn't in the garage,....................................... ?
  3. You are John,........................................... ?
  4. She went to the library yesterday, ..............................?
  5. He didn't recognize me,................................. ?
  6. Cars pollute the environment, ...................................?
  7. Mr. Pritchard has been to Scotland recently,................................ ?
  8. The trip is very expensive,.................................. ?
  9. He won't tell her,.................................. ?
  10. Hugh had a red car, ...................................?
Final del formulario


Tag Questions - Present Simple

Put in the correct tag question

1) She’s from a small town in China,..................................... ?.



2) They aren’t on their way already,.......................... ?.



3) We’re late again, ...................................?.



4) I’m not the person with the tickets,.......................... ?.



5) Julie isn’t an accountant,...................................... ?.



6) The weather is really bad today,............................. ?.



7) He’s very handsome,....................... ?.



8) They aren’t in Mumbai at the moment,.......................................... ?.



9) You aren’t from Brazil,.............................. ?.



10) John’s a very good student,................................. ?.



11) I like chocolate very much, ..............................?.



12) She doesn’t work in a hotel,.................................. ?.



13) They need some new clothes, ...................................?.



14) We live in a tiny flat, .....................................?.



15) She studies very hard every night, ..............................?.



16) David and Julie don’t take Chinese classes,................................ ?.



17) I often come home late,.............................. ?.



18) You don’t like spicy food,................................ ?.



19) She doesn’t cook very often,............................. ?.



20) We don’t watch much TV,............................... ?



Polite questions

Why did she cry? - I don't really know .

Does she speak Greek? - I will ask her .

Where is Joe? - I have no idea .

I'd like to know what time . - The show starts at 8 o'clock.

Is he all right? - I do not know .

What did he want? - I'm afraid I can't tell you .

Do you know who ? - Yes, Jim Harrison is a writer.

Whose car was it? - I'm not quite sure .

Is this the right train? - Let's ask someone .

I wonder when . But they've already got married!

How long has she known him? - Well, I'd like to know myself .

How much is this scarf? - Why do you want to know ?

Can you tell me what ? - Her name is Maggie.

Do they have any free tickets? - Let's have a look .

Do you remember where ? - The boxes were in the garage.

Which countries did she visit ? - To tell the truth, I haven't found out yet

Write indirect questions.
  1. Have you ever been to Kapadokya?
          I wonder ………………………………………………………..
    2.   Who scored Fenerbaçe’s first goal last night?
          Do you know………………………………………………….?
    3.   When is Hakan going to move to Ankara?
          I have no idea …………………………………………………
    4.   Who brought this computer to the office?
          I want to know………………………………………………..
    5.   Does your new girlfriend smoke?
         I wonder…………………………………………………………
    6.  How many times has Mel been to Bodrum?
        Could you tell me ……………………………………………?
    7.  Can she play the guitar?
         I wonder …………………………………………………………
    8.  What were you doing when the earthquake happened?
         I don’t remember………………………………………………
    9. Has Aylin moved to Izmir?
        I don’t know……………………………………………………….
  10.  What time did Osman leave the office?
        I don’t remember………………………………………………….

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario